Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Second Assignment Automarker

I recently looked at the auto marker results for assignment number two. If the mark for the assignment is given solely for the number of test cases passed, then I would be pleased seeing as I passed all but one. But for some reason, I cannot figure out why I failed this one test case. The error message is as follows:

"ERROR: Test case: regex star of leaf correctly renounces string? ERROR: RuntimeError
maximum recursion depth exceeded in comparison"

Unfortunately I have no idea what this means. My code seems to have no flaws in it (but then again you can never be too sure) so I'm very curious as to why this test case failed. Also, it seems unlikely that my code would fail only one test case. If my logic would have been even slightly off, then this would have likely resulted in several errors rather than just one. Conversely, if my logic was spot on then I should have no errors unless there was a very very small detail which I somehow missed. Anyway, I'll talk to Danny about this error and hopefully gain some insight as to why this happened, or perhaps someone can give an explanation as to why this error occurred in the comments.

Cheers!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what case is checked in that particular test, but I can give you some complicated inputs I tested my code with (and I don't have any failures in the automarker).

    '((((1.1)|(((0.1)|(1|0)).1)).(0|1))|(0|1))' is true only for 0, 1, 110, 111, 010, 011, 0110, 0111

    '((((e.0)|(((0.1)|(e|0)).1)).(e|1))|(0|e))' is true only for 0, '', 01, 0111, 011, 11, 1

    '((1.(1|0)*).(0.(1.0)))' is true only for 1xxxxxxxxxxx010

    '((e|0).(0|1))' is true only for 0, 1, 00, 01

    Also try something like '1***********' which matches only with '' or 1, or 11, or 111111 (and so on).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My code seems to pass all of your test cases. I might just ask Danny to provide me with the code to the test suite so I can see what I did wrong for myself.

      Thanks for your help anyway, I appreciate it.

      Delete