Wednesday, 13 November 2013

CSC148 Second Test

I wrote the second term test earlier today. I must say I liked it very much. The test consisted of three questions involving tree structures where we were expected to write a recursive method for each. In my opinion, a test where all the questions involve recursion can sometimes be very confusing seeing as there are two possibilities when writing a recursive function: either get the algorithm correct in five to ten minutes, or spend hours trying to find the solution (there is usually no in-between). The latter happens to me sometimes when I try to present an overly extravagant solution instead of keeping it simple. Regardless, I still like recursive problems as they induce thinking. Also, this time around the problems were very straightforward and closely related to the exercises and labs done in class. On top of that, the solutions to the problems were less than five lines long (with the exception of question one). I thought the first question was probably the most difficult. The reason I have this opinion is because two base cases were required to complete the function as opposed to just one. In addition, you have to work with a tuple as the return value instead of a single value, which is slightly more complicated. Nevertheless, I was able to complete the question fairly quickly along with the other two.

I hope you all did well on your tests, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment