Sunday, 3 November 2013

Last Exercise

So the last exercise was due Friday. Having no time to start on it until Thursday (the day after my physics midterm), I was rushing to get it done. When I actually looked at the exercise I immediately realized it was painfully easy (in fact most of part (a) had already been done for us in the insert method). I was relieved and quickly finished both parts of the exercise within 5-10 minutes. I then submitted the exercise to MarkUs. Feeling confident the next morning, I decided to check my results. All of part (a) was done perfectly, whereas part (b) had 9 errors. Huh? Well apparently the method in part (b) should return the node with the maximum value and not the value itself. The handout made this very clear, but for some reason I decided to completely disregard it anyway. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong with my code only to find that there was almost nothing wrong. I quickly changed the return value and submitted to MarkUs once more to get a perfect score. It's somewhat relieving to know that I don't need to stress out every week to finish these small exercises anymore (they are usually quite easy, but even the easiest of assignments can be rather stressful). Then again, these exercises do provide an opportunity to raise one's mark. I also find it kept me on top of course material since it forced me to refresh my memory on what we're doing each week. Well, I guess that's it for the CSC148 exercises. So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment